Sophie the Giraffe
Sophie the Giraffe is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree. Sophie’s flexible, renewable, natural materials and non-toxic paint mean she is a safe and natural teething toy for your little one. Designed to stimulate the senses and soothe teething gums.
Sophie the giraffe was born on 25th May 1961 – Saint Sophie’s day. Sophie quickly became a “must-have” bay toy and by simple word of mouth, the little giraffe’s fame spread. Since her creation in 1961 Sophie the Giraffe has wowed over 50 million babies (and parents!) worldwide with her natural beauty and charm, and her retro style has ensured that she has remained fashionable for over 50 years.
Vulli, a company based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie region of France has continued to keep the secret of how this wonder toy is made. Sophie the Giraffe is still “traditionally” produced to this day, a process that involves more than 14 manual operations.
4 in stock
- Made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree
- Natural Rubber is soft, safe & non-toxic for baby to teethe & chew
- Lightweight & easy to grasp for tiny hands
- Painted with non-toxic, food-grade paints
- Stimulating to baby’s senses with her soft colours & gentle squeak
- Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums
- Sophie the Giraffe is Phthalate-Free with No Vinyl (no-PVC!)
- 17cm Tall (7″)
- Suitable from 0 months +
- Comes in a gift box